Sunday, May 18, 2008

Day 7

Day 7
Day seven was a nice day. I woke up at about 8:00 and got to make my own breakfast, my own warm breakfast in a kitchen. It was simply wonderful. I made an omelet, one of my favorite breakfasts. Then I hung around for the morning with Kaitlin, Kendra, and Absalom. It was a good day for riding. It had rained the night before so the air was nice and crisp and it was not to hot. Little did I know heat would be the least of my concerns the next few days. I didn’t end up taking off until 1:30 pm. It was a lazy day and I needed it after my last two days of hard riding with little rest. I began after lunch and after Kendra gave me the stuff to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for the road. Then I was off. I rode until it was nearly dark. I was glad to find my camp ground because a cold weather front was moving in and I was beginning to get very cold.
Today also marked the beginning of something besides being cold for me, it was the first time I was chased by a dog. Something I didn’t mind because it was only one. I had no idea what I was headed for.
I rode 61.8 miles from Christiansburg to Wytheville on day 7 at 10.72 mph and I rode for 5:45, not my fastest time. My max speed was 34 mph.

No comments: